Synthetic turf is more popular than ever. The durability and softness of artificial lawns are continuing to gain momentum in residential spaces.
Texas summers are known for their plentiful sunshine and glorious shade trees on the positive front, along with the more challenging heat waves and sporadic drought-like conditions we experience year after year. Luckily for us, we can declare most of the year “outdoor season,” though don’t get us started on the spring storms or hurricane remnants that can bring hail, wind and torrential rain.
Extreme weather conditions can wreak havoc on natural grass in neighborhood yards no matter the season. Do any of these sound familiar?
- Sloped areas that are difficult to mow and wash away with heavy rains
- Bare spots under leafy native shade trees, like live oaks or cedar elms, that prevent sunlight from reaching your grass
- A lawn that turns brown no matter how generous your watering schedule or how large your water bill gets
- Weed and pest invasions that need regular treatment to keep them at bay
- Endless re-sodding efforts for heavy traffic areas that never take root
- Winter blahs with dormant grass
Synthetic Turf Aesthetics and Usability
Everyone enjoys a plush, green lawn when they’re relaxing and playing outside. So much so that many homeowners are now choosing to install synthetic turf rather than natural grass for year-round aesthetics and usability.
Architectural Digest praised its eco-friendliness in drought-ridden areas, and a glance through Pinterest brings up plenty of ideas for residential uses such as rooftop terraces, backyard putting greens and even indoor feng shui.
So why are your neighbors switching to synthetic turf? Consider these benefits, among many more.
- First of all, its gorgeous appearance. Your synthetic turf lawn will stay green year round.
- It’s great for high-traffic play areas, such as around pools and children’s play sets.
- Practice golf on a consistent surface all year, so you’re ready for the spring season.
- No more re-sodding and re-seeding shaded areas that won’t grow grass.
- Low-maintenance. Save time and money mowing, weed eating and edge trimming.
- It’s pet friendly.
- Save on your summer water bill and conserve a limited resource.
- Excellent solution for steep slopes that are hard to mow and need erosion control.
- Our products are made in the USA.
Don’t let the neighbors have all the fun. If you spend a good deal of time outside and would rather relax and play than tend to your lawn’s many challenges under the Texas sun, synthetic turf is an exciting and practical alternative to grass. Explore our turf options now and consider the possibilities.