Are you looking for a durable, low-maintenance, and stylish way to add value to your home? If so, you may want to consider installing a paver patio. Pavers are a great choice for patios because they are made from a variety of materials that can withstand the elements for many years. They are also very low-maintenance, and they can be customized to fit any style.
Let’s get into some of the biggest reasons why so many property owners go with pavers for their patio and how PavePro can help you make the right choice for paver materials.
Why Pavers Rock
Pavers are a great choice for patios for a variety of reasons. They are durable and low-maintenance and can be customized to fit any style. Here are a few reasons to consider pavers for your patio:
- They are durable and slip resistant, making them the perfect outdoor patio addition
- Pavers are easy to maintain and keep clean
- Pavers are customizable and come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors
- From walkways and driveways to pool decks, pavers are a versatile exterior upgrade choice
- The durability and longevity of pavers make them the most cost-effective choice for patio materials on the market
Once you’ve decided on pavers, it’s time to pick out the perfect look and style. Here are a few things to consider when choosing pavers:
Pick Your Material
There are many different types of pavers available, made from a variety of materials.
- Concrete pavers are durable and affordable. They come in a variety of colors and textures and many of them are just as intricate as other types since concrete can be formed into any shape.
- Brick pavers are classic and elegant, with colors and styles for every taste. They’re also always useful for a variety of projects.
- Stone pavers are natural and beautiful, for a more organic look. Paired with a garden or vegetable patch, they’ll make magic all year round.
- Recycled pavers are made from recycled materials like concrete, brick, and stone. They are a sustainable option, often permeable, and usually more attractive.
Note: The cost of pavers varies depending on the type, size and shape, and color.
What’s Your Aesthetic?
Pavers come in a variety of colors. The color of the paver you choose will depend on the style of your home, as well as the desired look. Decorating outdoors should bring colors or shapes from inside the home, since part of the appeal of a patio is creating a “room” of your house in the great outdoors.
What’s the Use?
Your patio can serve a lot of different functions, or you may have a specific vision in mind. Think hard and realistically about the ways your outdoor space will be used, and design from there. If you want somewhere to cook, mix up some mojitos or watch the game, you’ll want pavers that can lie pretty close together to create a floor. If you are looking for a quiet place to reflect, building a pergola or even just looking to define a playspace, you may space them farther out.
Size and Shape
Pavers come in a variety of sizes and shapes. The size and shape of the paver you choose will depend on the size and shape of the area you are paving, as well as the desired look. It may be best to start with your budget before you get too far into the style design, so you know the range of sizes and types you’re looking at.
Durability and Maintenance
The durability of pavers is also important to consider, especially if you live in an area with extreme weather conditions. Some pavers are more durable than others, so it is important to choose a paver that is right for your climate and traffic level.
Paver hardscapes are exposed to oil, water, grease and structural stress due to their high-traffic locations. Repeated exposure to outdoor elements can also cause unsealed pavers to become dull with a chalky texture. Sealant creates an invisible layer that will harden the surface of the paver and strengthen it, preventing loosening and cracking, and overall extending the lifespan of your pavers. As recommended, professionally cleaning and resealing your pavers will bring back and preserve that original unique coloring.
Let Marshal Renee Pave the Way
Once you have considered all of these factors, you will be able to choose the right pavers for your needs. Pavers are a great way to add beauty and functionality to your home. With so many different types of pavers available, you are sure to find the perfect pavers for your project.
If you are looking for a durable, low-maintenance and perfectly customizable patio, then Marshal Renee pavers are the perfect choice for you. Contact us today to learn more about our pavers and get a free estimate for your patio project.